Today’s show is all about mindful eating.
Now before I go further I want to assure you that I’m not going to be telling you what to eat, whether a food is good or bad or that you should change anything that you are doing.
There is a lot of harmful talk around food and that the point of eating is to do it in a way that makes or keeps you skinny.
This is a damaging perspective and one that I do kind of bash a bit.
What you will hear about during this episode is:
- Why eating slowly can help you feel good about any food choice you make.
- How to eat mindfully, which has nothing to do with restricting or taking away the foods you enjoy.
- Why eating slowly supports your body and mindful eating..
- Questions you can ask yourself to help you connect with your body when you eat.
Mindful eating may sound like a bit of a woowoo topic but it is actually a really smart way to approach eating.
Why? Because it allows you complete freedom to eat what you want BUT, gets you to really check in with yourself and ask yourself:
- How your food is making you feel,
- What you are thinking while you’re eating,
- Are you enjoying the foods you eat and
- How do you want to feel after eating.
3 ways to practice mindful eating
- The simplest way to get into this practice is by eating slowly.
This allows you plenty of time to really experience the foods your eating.
- Matching the pace of a slow eater around you is a simple way to begin.
- You could also set yourself a little timer and work towards slowing your eating down to fit within a time.
If you want to try this, start by setting yourself a 15 minute challenge and see how you go eating a meal that slowly.
I’d love to hear how you go if you try this one out. Share your mindful eating experience in the comments section below.
What did you think of this podcast episode?